Legend of the Sun - A Mythical RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend of the Sun - A Mythical RP Forum

Banner and Skin © Respected Artists

HomeOgawd EmptyLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ogawd

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phobia
Phobia

Ogawd Empty
PostSubject: Ogawd   Ogawd Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:05 pm

K so i know i'll look like a total idiot because I bet this is obvious, but im just really confused. My brain is fried. I can't help it D:

Oh you can thank Mrs. Woodard for this wonderful, enormusley long question.

Fiona is taking Physics. Her sister, Hannah, is taking physical science. Fiona decided to use functions to help Hannah understand one
basic idea related to gravity and falling objects. Fiona explained that if a ball is dropped from a high place, such as the Tower of Pisa
in Italy, then there is a formula for calculating the distance the ball has fallen. If y, measured in meters, is the distances the ball has
fallen and x, mesaured in seconds, is the time since the ball was dropped, then y is a function of x, and the relationship can be
approximated by the formula y=d(x)=5x². Here we name the fuction d because the outputs are distances.

Table
x | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6|
x² | 0 | 1 | 4 | 9 | 16| 25 | 36|
y-d(x)=5x² | 0 | 5 | 20 | 45 | 80 | 125 | 180|

FINALLY WE GET TO THE ACTUAL FRICKEN QUESTION

In this context, y is propertional to x². Explain what that means. How can you see this in the table?
Back to top Go down

Ogawd
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legend of the Sun - A Mythical RP Forum :: Out Of Character :: Chit Chat :: HomeWork Help-
Jump to: